- I will use my gym time to focus on my goals, train with an intent to improve, and not use it to waste time socializing over pushing weight.
- I will not let a physical setback keep me away from progression. Greater men and women than you have done great things despite them, you can too.
- I will eat to fuel my activity and ignore external pressure to conform to a body type. The images you see plastered online and in the media are not you, ignore them and create what you are, not what someone else is.
- I will take the gym lessons and apply them to life. Dedication, perseverance, pushing past a comfort zone, being uncomfortable to grow, planning.
- I will learn to rest properly and not think “more is better”. Like all things in life, it is easy to do too much.
- I will be proud of what I am building but not be prideful. Carry yourself knowing it can all be over tomorrow. Training enhances your life, not becomes it.
- I will be a sponge for improvement. Allow yourself room to learn more without the need to fix what isn’t broken.
- I will never forget the pillars of a great program. Squat, bench, deadlift, press, row. From those 5 movements you have thousands of variations between them.
- I will be conditioned. Your strength is only as effective as how well you utilize it in your life.
- I will not treat training as a chore. This is for you, it will last you a lifetime. Enjoy it and reap the benefits.
Check out the SECOND AND BRAND NEW Ashman Strength System e-book.
Join the Ashman Strength Facebook Page.
Check out Pump, Dump, and Hump; a fitness group based around health, lifting, and sexuality run by my wife and myself.
To inquire about training, contact us for more information or to set up a call about remote coaching.
If you are local to Kansas City and wish to kickass at my gym, visit us at Kansas City Barbell for the ultimate training experience.