A random list of random shit for a random Friday.
- You don’t have to do cardio, but you also don’t have to like your heart.
- Be a vegetarian who eats meat, your body will thank you.
- Strength training is good for you, but too much of a good thing isn’t always a good thing.
- Having a strong back, strong leg, and a strong ass can carry you through anything physically.
- Cortisol is a killer in the gym and in life, manage your stress before it manages you.
- Don’t be a one-horse town, if training is your only hobby, it will consume you and ruin you.
- Hiring a coach is an investment into your progress, learning from what you are taught is priceless.
- Get blood work done every 3-4 months, the story it tells can be life altering.
- Hypertrophy training is joint friendly and also 8-80 friendly.
- The secret trick to gains is time and effort.
- If a coach is afraid to push you because they are worried about “overtraining”; fire them.
- As you get older, your training mantra will change. What you used to mock will become your norm.
- Time away from the gym is equally important as time in the gym.
- It doesn’t matter how much you lift or how big you are, if you can’t move well you are worthless to your family.
- Nobody cares about how much you lift or how big you are unless you are directly making money from doing it.
- If your training interferes with your sex life or relationship, reconsider what is important to you. As “cute” as it is to say “gym before bae”, it gets old.
- Have friends outside of your lifting circle.
- Listen to your doctors, hell, actually go to see a doctor. Your degree in Google MD can’t replace one.
- Unless you are an elite athlete, periodization is overrated, just train smart and take light weeks when needed – this is where hiring a coach helps.
- Look at food as sustenance and not a reward or punishment.
- If you aren’t having fun with training, make it fun.
Add your own in the comments or discuss on my Facebook page.
Check out the SECOND AND BRAND NEW Ashman Strength System e-book.
Join the Ashman Strength Facebook Page.
Check out Pump, Dump, and Hump; a fitness group based around health, lifting, and sexuality run by my wife and myself.
To inquire about training, contact us for more information or to set up a call about remote coaching.
If you are local to Kansas City and wish to kickass at my gym, visit us at Kansas City Barbell for the ultimate training experience.