A random list of random shit for a random Friday.
- You don’t have to do cardio, but you also don’t have to like your heart.
- Be a vegetarian who eats meat, your body will thank you.
- Strength training is good for you, but too much of a good thing isn’t always a good thing.
- Having a strong back, strong leg, and a strong ass can carry you through anything physically.
- Cortisol is a killer in the gym and in life, manage your stress before it manages you.
- Don’t be a one-horse town, if training is your only hobby, it will consume you and ruin you.
- Hiring a coach is an investment into your progress, learning from what you are taught is priceless.
- Get blood work done every 3-4 months, the story it tells can be life altering.
- Hypertrophy training is joint friendly and also 8-80 friendly.
- The secret trick to gains is time and effort.
- If a coach is afraid to push you because they are worried about “overtraining”; fire them.
- As you get older, your training mantra will change. What you used to mock will become your norm.
- Time away from the gym is equally important as time in the gym.
- It doesn’t matter how much you lift or how big you are, if you can’t move well you are worthless to your family.
- Nobody cares about how much you lift or how big you are unless you are directly making money from doing it.
- If your training interferes with your sex life or relationship, reconsider what is important to you. As “cute” as it is to say “gym before bae”, it gets old.
- Have friends outside of your lifting circle.
- Listen to your doctors, hell, actually go to see a doctor. Your degree in Google MD can’t replace one.
- Unless you are an elite athlete, periodization is overrated, just train smart and take light weeks when needed – this is where hiring a coach helps.
- Look at food as sustenance and not a reward or punishment.
- If you aren’t having fun with training, make it fun.
Add your own in the comments or discuss on my Facebook page.
Check out the Ashman Strength System e-book.
Join the Ashman Strength Facebook Page.
Check out Pump, Dump, and Hump; a fitness group based around health, lifting, and sexuality run by my wife and myself.
To inquire about training, contact us for more information.