Why should a training and nutrition company have a manifesto?
Why the hell not?
It is a company, and I have a vision which I work everyday to ensure I deliver it to my clients in the best possible way.
If you really want to know what I am about as a coach, and a person, this is the place to start.
This isn’t your typical manifesto where I have some bullshit mission statement, this is a list of items that I live by and teach every single day.
Why am I writing this? Because I have 60 minutes until my next client shows up and I feel like throwing up a self-serving blog.
Training and Diet
- I believe in strength. Strength of mind and body.
- I believe in hypertrophy because life is too short to have small muscles.
- I believe in cardiovascular training because life is too short to die young.
- I believe in eating for sustainability and not eating to punish yourself.
- I believe in fun intensity. Training should be hard, but let’s have fun doing it.
- I believe in character. If you are a shitty person, you can find another coach. I have fired clients for being shitty humans, and I will do it again.
- I believe in acceptance and empowerment, not alienation and prejudices. Quite simply… if you harbor hatred, you aren’t welcome with me.
- I believe in friendship. My clients are friends, and I am here for them.
- I believe in tough love, when needed.
- I believe in forgiving yourself.
- I believe communication is the key to success.
- I believe that sarcasm is a fun tool. If you can’t enjoy my east coast wit, we will teach you the ways of the best coast.
- I believe in education, if you want to be taught, you came to the right place.
- I believe in swearing, I am not sanitized, you shouldn’t be either. Saying the word “fuck” can be pretty damn exhilarating at times. This isn’t church, use it.
- I believe in accountability. Your coach is watching you. He wants you to succeed… HELP ME HELP YOU!
- I believe my wife is the most beautiful woman in the universe.
- I believe my dog is better than everyone else’s.
- I believe that chili (with beans, piss off Texas) is the most perfect food ever.
- I believe that Ray Ban Aviators are timeless sunglasses that look good on everyone.
- I believe that Eric Clapton’s “Layla” may just be the most perfect song ever written.
Whew…. 50 minutes to go…
If you want a nice easy mission statement to carry in your wallet, here you go:
At Ashman Strength we will train you to be strong, look damn good naked, enjoying eating like you want to live to be 100, and learn all of this from a guy who is pretty fucking awesome and gives a lot of shits about your success both in the gym and with your life.-----
Buy the Ashman Strength Ebook here
Join the Ashman Strength Facebook Page.
Be a part of the pretty awesome Pump,
Dump, and Hump Facebook group run by myself and my wife, Sarah. We talk about fitness, health, the gut biome, and sexuality.
Ashman Strength is located at City Gym KC at 7416 Wornall Road in KCMO.
Reach me through the contact page.